I wrote several feature stories covering the aftermath of the Waldo Canyon Fire, one of Colorado’s most destructive wildfires, for The Gazette in Colorado Springs. These stories are a reflection of the Colorado Springs community’s attitude coming out of the fire, when people were focused on helping each other rebuild and slowly piecing their lives back together. In addition to pitching my own stories, I also wrote for The Gazette’s Out There Colorado Section, taking photos and writing about outdoor sports.
Waldo Canyon Fire:
- Girl reunited with prized teddy bear
- Trash removal a team process
- Ring’s recovery from rubble a symbol of hope
- Old Town Bike Shop to cut cost, waste with new contraption
- Canon City hopes to make splash with whitewater festival
- Second leg of Triple Crown of Running set to go Saturday
- Springs runners claim wins in short Winter Series finale
- Ascent Cycling kicks off another season of mountain bike racing
Search for more stories here.